Foxstone is the leading real estate crowdfunding platform in Western Switzerland.
Foxstone simplifies and democratises access to real estate through a revolutionary digital platform. Retail investors can invest from 10’000 CHF and enjoy a seamless and 100% digital investment process for both debt (crowd-lending) and equity (crowd-investment).
Foxstone is growing fast and aims to become the leading real estate crowdfunding platform in Switzerland and further afield. Foxstone is both a real estate and fintech start up that operates at the forefront of regulatory innovation for digitizing real estate investment.
Today Foxstone employs 35 people (full time equivalent) and has offices in central Geneva and Zurich. The remote working policy allows for 2 days of remote working.
Foxstone is a young start-up and a performance driven and collaborative environment with a ‘work hard/play hard mindset’. Management is by objectives and team members are expected to take full ownership of their tasks and responsibilities. We are looking to hire an accountant and financial analyst who will be responsible for the accounting for special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and analysing, reporting and improving financial performance across the Foxstone group.
The Foxstone group includes Foxstone SA and a growing group of SPVs.
Accounting/tax/payroll is externalized to a large international accounting group for Foxstone SA. Accounting for the SPVs will be carried out internally.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Simple accounting for circa 15 special purpose vehicles (SPVs), transaction
specific vehicles, growing to circa 20 SPVs by end 2023.
- The SPVs have no employees and accounting is limited to few transactions
- Reconciliation and annual closing of the financial statements according to the
accounting standards (Code des Obligations)
- Tax compliance (Tax return, VAT form, Professional Tax in Geneva)
- Act as the primary interface between Foxstone and the external service
provider for accounting/tax/payroll services
- Design efficient process flows for creating and sharing accounting and
financial information across Foxstone’ s business units
- Design a simple cost accounting system to measure business performance at
the business unit, product line and geographic line level
- Help improve financial performance reporting upwards and across the
organization to make it value added at all levels of the organisation
- Monitor specific KPIs
- Identify and analyze levers for financial performance improvement
- Assist with audit processes and act as coordinator for the closing process
- Assist with regulatory compliance
- Assist with the preparation of information packages for board of directors and
- Certified accountant (Certificate in finance and accounting) or equivalent
- Fluent in the Abacus ERP system
- Ideally good knowledge of the Odoo accounting package
- Experrience in Financial analysis and business control
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Power BI or equivalent visualisation tool
- Google working environment
- Flexibility and speed, adapted to start-up environment
- Willingness to learn and fast learner
- Able to work in a distributed organization (Geneva/Zurich/remote)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Client orientation
- Complete Fluency in English (native or near native language)
- Complete fluency in either French or German
Reporting Line and Location
- Direct report to the CFO
- Based in Zurich or Geneva office, 2 days remote working allowed
- HEG or HES or Business school or Hospitality school graduate
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting/business control position
- Real estate or credit structuring expertise